Post 4 >> "My favorite Movie"

Dear all,


Your assignment this week is writing about your favorite movie.

Please include:

- What's your favorite movie and why you like it?

- What kind of movies do you like to watch?

- What is the most recent movie you saw? Do you recommend it?

- Any other piece of information you may consider important.



- Number of words: 140

- Leave comments on at least 3 of your classmates' posts + a comment in your teacher's post. 



After years my favorite movie still Big Fish. The reason why I like this movie is because it has a special meaning for me and lots of symbolisms that somehow reminds me my own and my family story.

This movie is a mixture of real life and fantasy, where a giant, a werewolf and a witch among many other characters are part of Edward Bloom's journey, and this is something very particular about it, the fact that you can find many branches as part of the same story.

Another factor that makes this movie more beautiful is the soundtrack, were most of the songs are composed by the great Danny Elfman and the main song "Man of the Hour" by Pearl Jam. And moreover the casting because it has excellent actors like Ewan McGregor, Helena Bonham Carter, Steve Buscemi, Danny DeVito, among others. But there is one thing that stands out and this is the ending, this movie has the best ending I have ever seen, and even after watching it many times I still feel the same as if it were the first time.

I don't really know what's the gender of this movie and in general I don't have a particular interest in a certain type, the only one I don't really like is horror because it scares me of course. However, I was invited to the avant premiere of "IT ", this was the first time I watched a "horror" movie at the cinema but I couldn't miss this one because I'm a big fan of Stephen King and I have read many of his books and IT is one of his masterpieces as well as The Shining. Of course as this is a more recent version parts of the story have been adapted and is not the same as the book but I liked it a lot, therefore I'd totally recommend it. I wont tell you more because I do'n want to be a spoiler for those who might be interested in watching it.

Comments

  1. omg, I just posted about the movie Big Fish, I remembered it earlier this morning, and yes, it's so good :). It has very iconic scenes like where the yellow flowers come out or when the Siamese singles come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of horror movies either but I went to see IT anyway jajjajja it was a group outing, I didn't have much of a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent seen your favorite movie, but it sounds very interesting, I think that I will see it. And I watched IT in cinema too, I went with my boyfriend and it was cool! I don't watch “terror" movies because they don’t really scare me, but “IT” was a movie i liked :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've never seen Big Fish, but it looks interesting! I don't like horror, but my sister does, she is a huge Stephen King fan, she has read many of his books and she always tells me about them. 😅

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen The Big Fish but your comment seems interesting to me. Usually the great films are accompanied by spectacular soundtracks and Pearl Jam is clearly one of them. I also saw the movie IT in the cinema and it really is an interesting movie that keeps the viewer entertained and alert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont know what is this movie :c but im gonna see it, i hope that the movie will very good >.> have a good week teacher <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love edward bloom I want to be his friend jaja and the best of the best is Norther Winslow and his poems.
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I love spectre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful movie The big Fish, I remember the first time I saw it, I felt again like a little girl amazed with the magical world, I think it's one of those movies that makes you re-appreciate the fantasy and how it makes our imagination fly away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that I see That movie, but I don't remember it, only some scenes... I was reading some books of stephen King but I rush them, so, when I'm at the university I don't read books because I preffer to read them and not what I do have to read for the uni.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about the Big Fish movie before, but I haven't seen it yet, people say it's a good movie, maybe I'll see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that during my week off I'll take the time to watch the movie The Big Fish. I was looking forward to seeing it.

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think horror movies are good when they have a good story, for example the conjuring movies are very good, because they are also based on a real story, which makes them even more interesting, but I don't think that matters to them anyway in a horror movie. haha

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sir, i love the big fish because i saw it with my dad when i was younger, and also i like pearl jam a lot, my favorite song is even flow.
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Teacher, I had never heard of that movie, Big Fish, it will surely be one of my pending tasks for my week break hahaha, greetings

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think one of the most important things in a movie are the songs or melodies behind a scene, at least for me it connects me more with the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi teacher, I hope you're well.
    I have never seen Big fish, but now that you mention it, it has caught my attention quite a bit. I'll see it as soon as I can.
    I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of horror movies either, but the ones based on Stephen King's books are very good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with your point of view about horror movies, I don't like very much this type of movies because at night I can't sleep, but even so I saw "IT" and "IT: Chapter Two".

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought I was the only one who didn't like horror movies, I don't like the feeling of suspense, for that we'd better take a walk in a park with carousels on the beach. although there are some very interesting ones, I prefer to read books about horror than watch movies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The soundtrack of the movies is one of the most important things that I notice when I see one and if you say that it is good then I will have to see it, greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never heard of this movie, but I just saw the trailer and it looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts